The Tools I Use
Today’s competitive real estate market looks and acts significantly different than the Silicon Valley market of even a year ago. To be truly successful, I:
- Manage a comprehensive marketing program.
- Use advanced technology that allows buyers full access to information on your home, around the clock.
- Automatically collect and aggressively pursue leads.
- Manage the contact follow-up that assures timely and effective response with home buyers.
The sales tools I use are the best available today. They help me do what I do best: Sell Homes!
- Cell Phone With E-Mail
- The Web – Many Sites Utilized
- Voice Mail
- Private E-Fax
- Photo Galleries
- Disclosures, Reports, Inspections Online
- Online Transaction Management
- Feedback Requests via online polling
- Outstanding Virtual Tours with professional photography – photos are your first “open house”
Why do these techologies work?
- Buyers want 24-hour, 7-day-a-week access to seller information by phone or computer. My virtual tour offers comprehensive information on my listings as well as outstanding photos.
- My automated data systems obtain, organize, and optimize data on potential buyers, allowing me to quickly assess, rank, and contact the most likely full-price buyers first with the listing information they want. My ability to identify and attract the full-price buyer for your home far exceeds that of agents using old marketing methods.
- My coordinated marketing system makes it possible for me to respond to the needs and interests of potential buyers more quickly and accurately than other agents. I know immediately what information prospective buyers have requested from my web site, so that when they hear from me I can provide them with exactly what they’re looking for. Buyers using my Web site receive regular e-mail notifications of new home listings that match their search criteria–automatically! My marketing system is 100% proactive.
My Marketing Plan
Our goal is to maximize your profits by having your San Jose, Los Gatos or Saratoga area home sell quickly and for a great price and terms. To do so it needs to be well priced, staged, and marketed and it needs to be seen by as many qualified buyers as possible—so must have great exposure and traffic. The following services will be performed in the marketing and sale of your home to accomplish these goals:
1. Provide an objective analysis of your home and the current market.
2. Review with you the Competitive Market Analysis and provide counsel as to your best pricing strategy.
3. Provide you with the disclosures and review them with you so they are as complete and accurate as possible to avoid any escrow or post-sale issues. We want you to keep all the money you make!
4. Provide you with a suggested list of pre-sale inspections and explain the benefits of each one in terms of your bottom line. Review inspections with you and determine which improvements or repairs would be most important in the sale of the home and in a return on investment. Help to locate professionals to perform work, as needed.
5. Assist you in staging your home so that it is “show ready” and will fetch top dollar, inside and out, once placed on the MLS.
6. Once the house or condo is ready, digitally photograph the home for print and internet use. Buyers love photos, so the more the better!
7. Have property professionally photgraphed for viewing on multiple websites (SerenoGroup.com, PopeHandy.com, Realtor.com, HomeDebut.com, MLSListings.com, and many more).
8. Create and deliver color flyers, with multiple photos, highlighting the features of your Silicon Valley home and to help convey the benefits of owning your home to potential buyers.
9. Obtain copies of keys and place a set in the electronic lock box to facilitate showings. This lock box captures the date, time, and names of agents showing your home. The easier it is to show your home, the higher the amount of traffic—and more traffic means a higher sales price to you.
10. Submit your home to the Multiple Listing Service as soon as your home is ready to be seen by thousands of Realtors and buyers online.
11. Supply my Sereno Group for sale yard sign, which provides quality professional positioning.
12. Install brochure box for flyers on sign post and a rider sign directing potential buyers to my internet site so they can obtain more information on your home.
13. Order color postcards to inform neighbors of your home’s availability as neighbors can be an excellent source of prospects for your home, often they know someone in their circle looking for a home just like yours.
14. Network with all Silicon Valley Sereno Group agents and a select group of top producers from other local brokerages in person, by phone, email, and/or fax regarding your home’s availability (features, broker’s open date/time, open house schedule). Networking sells homes!
15. Create extensive market exposure by submitting your home’s information to multiple internet sites, and enhancing these sites as possible. These, in turn, “push” your home to many more sites (Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, etc.). This list is constantly changing, but all of the major portals will be covered.
16. Install your home as a “Featured Home” on my personal web sites (with additional text, photos, a link to the virtual tour, etc.): www.PopeHandy.com www.ValleyOfHeartsDelight.com www.ValleyOfHeartsDelightHomes.com www.Move2SiliconValley.com
17. Submit open house advertising to Sereno Group Los Gatos for exposure in the San Jose Mercury News. Additionally, I may run ads in the Los Gatos Weekly Times, Saratoga News and other local weekly papers in Cambrian, Almaden, Willow Glen, etc.
18. Contact my own database of clients by email regarding your home, as applicable.
19. In most areas of San Jose, Los Gatos, Saratoga, or Silicon Valley generally, host a “Broker’s Open House” for the real estate board tour. Homes usually sell twice: first to the real estate community, and through them to a buyer. (In some regions, Caravan Tours are done instead, and these are not as useful.)
20. Run Facebook ads and write blog posts about your home, and direct online traffic to the virtual tour for complete information (and for our tracking purposes to get a sense of the interest).
21. Open Houses to be held Saturdays, Sundays, or both as agreed upon with you.
22. Follow up on Open House for Brokers
23. Follow up on Open House for Public
24. Follow up on showings (I can pick up cards from you but to hasten the turnaround you may wish to phone me with the names & contact info of showing agents) to get feedback from agents and their buyers.
25. Counsel other agents or Realtors when showing your home to encourage prospective buyers to buy now.
26. Provide you with ongoing personal communication regarding showings, inquiries, marketing, local market conditions and all relevant activity by telephone, mail, email.
27. Help assure that your potential buyers are well qualified to purchase your property.
28. Review all offers in detail and provide negotiation representation of your interests.
29. Coordinate the closing of your sale with other Realtors, lenders, inspectors, appraisers, escrow officers, insurance agents, and anyone else relevatnt to the transaction.
30. Provide post sale follow up to assure your total satisfaction.
It is my goal to make your Silicon Valley home sale as smooth as possible for you and to net you the most when it closes.