Preparing Your Silicon Valley House on a Moment’s Notice
Follow these quick tips to ready your home for its best showing when you have 30 or fewer minutes’ notice.
Start where the potential buyers will start:
- Make sure that the front door presents well. Sweep steps, if needed.
- Pick up any out-of-place objects and store them away quickly.
- Open window treatments and turn on lights.
- Put any dirty dishes into the dishwasher.
- Make the beds.
- Put any dirty laundry inside the washing machine.
If you still have time:
- Run a quick vacuum and/or sweeper to give carpets and floors a fresh look.
- Wipe down counters and tabletops.
- Warm some vanilla on the stove to give the house a welcoming scent.
While we would all like to have our houses in showroom condition 24 hours a day, we also acknowledge that we live in them. Do your best to present your house in its best light AND make sure that every potential Silicon Valley home buyer has an opportunity to view it—accommodate all showings possible.