Los Gatos, San Jose, and Silicon Valley Real Estate
Mary Pope-Handy, Realtor and real estate blogger covering Santa Clara County and adjacent areas
Welcome to popehandy.com, with info on Silicon Valley real estate
This site is part of a network of sites and blogs that I run, this one being the oldest and covering the broadest area (multiple counties in Silicon Valley / Bay Area), with a focus on home selling.
Please also visit my other sites:
- The Valley of Heart’s Delight blog – SanJoseRealEstateLosGatosHomes.com (main blog – the Valley of Heart’s Delight blog, focusing on Santa Clara County real estate market reports, neighborhood descriptions, info on trends in buying and selling, and more – over 1,000 articles on this site alone)
- Valley of Heart’s Delight website listings showcased, Santa Clara Valley info, real estate info
- Live in Los Gatos blog – info for people living in or moving to Los Gatos – Los Gatos real estate, neighborhoods, events, history, businesses, restaurant reviews, and loads more
- Move 2 Silicon Valley – relocation resource for the broader Silicon Valley area
- Belwood of Los Gatos and adjacent areas website – specific to one area in east Los Gatos
- popehandy.rereport.com – real estate statistics for 3 counties: Santa Clara County, San Mateo County, and Santa Cruz County – updated between the 5th and 10th of each month. (Sign up to receive this info by email.)
Silicon Valley encompasses a broad region, including Santa Clara County, San Mateo County, and a little of Alameda and Santa Cruz Counties.
Santa Clara County, now sometimes called "lower Silicon Valley", was once known as The Valley of Heart's Delight. This is where I focus my work in helping nice folks to buy and sell homes, but I do have experience throughout these counties and beyond.
Looking for information? I have a number of blogs, and between them there are over 2,000 articles on Silicon Valley real estate, neighborhoods, homes, and related tips for consumers. This one, popehandy.com, will cover Silicon Valley more broadly than my other sites (which seldom go beyond Santa Clara County), but also will include San Jose, Los Gatos, and nearby areas.
Of course, no website (no matter how comprehensive) can take the place of personal guidance and advice. I'd welcome the opportunity to connect with you, discuss your home buying or selling plans, and see if we might be able to work together.
Realtor, ABR, CIPS, CRS, SRES
Sereno Group (Los Gatos office)
DRE License # 01153805
Recent articles on popehandy.com
The Los Gatos real estate market trends are mildly in the seller's favor "in town" (95030 and 95032, MLS area 16) and mildly in the buyer's favor in the mountain areas (95033). As always, the homes selling fastest are in "turnkey" condition, have no location issues,...
In San Mateo County halfway between San Francisco and San Jose, you'll find the prestigious town of Woodside. (Zip codes are 94061 and 94062.) Aptly named, Woodside sets amid huge second growth redwoods. Woodside Store, after which the town was named, was the center...
Campbell CA real estate is among the most desirable in Silicon Valley. This popular town is known for being self contained with a vibrant, walk-able downtown, lots of parks (including a dog park, shared with neighboring Los Gatos), the Los Gatos Creek Trail, movie...
Silicon Valley real estate & homes for sale: helpful info, no forced registration Many internet-savvy buyers and sellers begin their Silicon Valley real estate education on the web 18 months or more before they are ready to buy or sell. Most don't really want to...
Foster City, California real esate is popular for its short commute times and easy access to San Francisco. Additionally, many homes sit close to the San Francisco Bay and enjoy beautiful water views. The majority of residential real estate in Foster City is...
What is the difference between a real estate agent and a Realtor? Many people use the words Realtor and real estate agent interchangeably, including some real estate licensees! Have you ever seen the phrase "licensed Realtor" online or on a business card? If so, you...
Interested in checking out the school scores in Silicon Valley, or anywhere else? Here are a few resources: GreatSchools.org - includes test scores, reviews, comments SchoolAndHousing.com - an older site using the now shelved API scores, but great info just the same....
Campbell touches Los Gatos on one side and various parts of San Jose on the others (Willow Glen, Cambrian Park). It began as a community of farmers busily working the fruit orchards and grew to including canning plants once the railroad was established. The most...