I have an entire website devoted to relocating to Silicon Valley and the San Jose / South Bay / Santa Clara County area. It’s called Move2SiliconValley or Move2SiliconValley.com. There are over 100 articles there just on Silicon Valley relocation, and information that you’ll want to have on the cost of housing, real estate market conditions, and “how things work” here in what used to be called The Valley of Heart’s Delight.
Many frequently asked questions are addressed at Move2SiliconValley, such as:
- Where is Silicon Valley? (there’s so much confusion on this one!)
- Rental housing resources (rentals are generally NOT offered through Realtors here, virtually everything is “for rent by owner”
- What is it like to live in Silicon Valley?
- Is your home safe in an earthquake? Some helpful info. I got through the 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake and appreciate how important this information is, especially to those unused to quakes!
- Kids and Silicon Valley (this area has been highly ranked as one of the best places to raise children in the U.S.)
Here are a few article highlights from my relo site:
Market Reports for Three Silicon Valley Counties – this article provides data and realty market trends on Santa Clara County (the South Bay), San Mateo County (the Peninsula), and Santa Cruz County (the coast, also part of The Central Coast and The Monterey Bay Area).
What does it cost to buy a 4 bedroom, 2 bath home in the West Valley areas of Silicon Valley? – This post answers a question I get a lot in my inbox, and it provides additional resources to give you a feel for what houses in several areas of Santa Clara County will cost. If you are researching communities with good schools, this will be helpful to you!
San Jose Metro Area Apartment Rental Costs – this is a frequent first stop for newcomers, as few people buy immediately (though some do).
Looking for info on neighborhoods and market conditions in Santa Clara County? Please also visit my major blog on Santa Clara County and Silicon Valley real estate – SanJoseRealEstateLosGatosHomes.com. That site has over 1,000 articles, including some on neighborhood profiles (especially in Los Gatos, the Cambrian area of San Jose, and the Almaden Valley area of San Jose).